Have you ever wondered what it would be like to own a vineyard and make wine?
You can experience the life of a Viticulturist and Oenologist at Hatfield Creek Vineyards and Winery
in Ramona, CA through their Exclusive Winemaker’s Crash Course. The 20-month course will take you through every aspect of wine grape growing and winemaking. You won’t find this compact and concise experience at any other boutique winery.
Enrollment: Begins NOW through mid-January 2020. All inclusive fee $495.
Our first class meeting will be Saturday, January 18, 9 am – 11 am orientation and lesson, 11 am pre-prune Class Row 17, 12:30 lunch, finished with class by 2 pm.
Timeline: Class begins with an Orientation and Lesson in January 2020. Our first class meeting will be Saturday, January 18, 9 am – 11 am orientation and lesson, 11 am pre-prune Class Row 17, 12:30 lunch, finished with class by 2 pm.
Course runs: January 2020 through August 2021. That’s how long it takes to grow grapes and make a bottle of wine in one vintage (the year the grapes were picked).
Course syllabus includes lectures and hands on experiences:
- Introduction to Vineyards, Grapes and Wine
- “Nip and Tuck” (Shoot Removal or Deshooting)
- Brix, pH and Total Acidity Measurements
- Primary Fermentation
- Secondary Fermentation (MLF theory only)
- Sulfite Testing and Additions
- Barrel Tasting
Program tuition $495 includes:
- All course materials
- Six required class meetings with lunch and wine provided
- 2 bottles of class wine with custom class label at completion of course
- Achievement and Completion Certificate at completion of course
- 10% off any additional wine purchases from class production; 10% off general release wines in the Tasting Room
- Field trips to local boutique wineries, tasting fees not included
- Optional hands-on opportunities in the vineyard and winery
- Netting vines
- Monthly testing and tasting
- Bottling in August 2020 of the 2019 vintage
- Graduation Dinner with wine pairing, August 2021 (spouses and guest invited at published fee)
Sign up begins NOW:
Call the winery office at 760-787-1102
Stop in and see us at the winery: 1625 Hwy 78, Ramona, CA 92065. Fri-Sat-Sun 11am – 5pm.