Details: Have you ever wondered what it would be like to own a vineyard and make wine?
You can experience the life of a Viticulturist and Oenologist at Hatfield Creek Vineyards and Winery
in Ramona, CA through their Winemaker’s Crash Course. The 20-month course covers every
aspect of wine grape growing and winemaking.
Timeline: Class begins with an Orientation in January 2020. Class is 20 months long from January 2020 to August 2021. That’s how long it takes to grow grapes and make a bottle of wine in one vintage (the year the grapes were picked).
Course syllabus includes:
– Introduction to Grapes and Wine + Prepruning
– “Nip and Tuck”
– Netting (BYO lunch, OPTIONAL)
– Brix, pH and Total Acidity Measurements – TBD
– Harvest – TBD
– Crush – TBD
– Fermentation – TBD
– Press – TBD
– Secondary Fermentation – TBD
– Racking – TBD
– Oaking – TBD
– Sulfite Testing and Additions – TBD
– Barrel Tasting – TBD
– All required classes and handouts.
– No textbook required.
– Lunch provided on required class sessions
– Achievement Certificate
– 2 bottles of class wine, 2020 Vintage
– Discounts on purchases of additional class wine, as supply lasts.
– “Graduation Dinner” at the winery
Cost: coming soon
Call the winery at 760-787-1102 and speak with Elaine for registration and tuition payment. Contact Susan Pacheco for curriculum details.
SIGNUP BELOW – COMING SOON